
Poor Carmen. She was attacked at the dog park on Friday, August 3rd. Some stupid lady not only wasn't watching her dog she was on the other side of the park when it happened.. She said her dog was "just playing", but you don't normally see blood and muscles when it's playing.
Greg had to scoop Carmen up, hoof it 1/4 mile back up the hill to the car and rush her to the ER. The vets had to put her out to clean the wound and stitch it back up. She got 5 pretty purple outside stitches and numerous ones inside.
She's doing just fine now. She pulled all the stitches out last week, but the wound is healing nicely as you can see in this picture:
We are trying to keep her from running all over the place chasing her ball or frisbee. This has never been easy for Carmen, so she is currently pouting. Poor baby! We are just lucky the injury wasn't worse.
Here's the thing I don't understand. The stupid owner didn't offer to pay for the vet bill (which was $400 when all was said and done). Can you believe that? Greg has even been back to the park a couple of times with Sophie to see if he could find this dimwit. No luck. So once again we are paying for an injury someone else's dog did. I'm really getting tired of this. And don't tell me we should stop going to the park. The girls love it so much and we do try to stay away from other dogs. Sigh. Is having kids this hard??
2 comments:
Yes. Having kids is this hard.
Just for the record, I asked about it, but thought you were ignoring mua!
:)
I'm so sorry this happened and that you got stiffed with the bill. I know Greg was only thinking about getting her to the vet, but probably should have gotten her name and phone number. I would still keep trying.
That's not right. People should be responsible for their pets.
I'd have to pay if my kids hurt someone else.
Ugh.
Post a Comment