Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Introducing....

Zingiber!








The genus Zingiber contains the true gingers, a set of plants with medicinal and culinary value in many parts of the world. The most well-known is Z. officinale, garden ginger.


Zingiber


Zingiber officinale rhizome
Scientific classification
Kingdom: Plantae

Division: Magnoliophyta

Class: Liliopsida

Order: Zingiberales

Family: Zingiberaceae

Genus: Zingiber


Species
Zingiber officinale
Zingiber spectabilis
Zingiber petiolatum
Zingiber zerumbet
Zingiber purpureum
Zingiber mioga
Zingiber malaysianum



Greg thinks it is a dumb name, but he wanted to call him Coco but coming up with a dippy name like that negates your right to have a vote. Sorry, sweetie! I'm calling him Zinger for short.

I finally got some pictures of him not moving. Of course I found out after I downloaded the pictures that someone put a noseprint on the lense, so that's why they look all blurry in the middle. I've got to take a photography class!

1 comment:

Deb said...

Still think of those twinkie like things. But I would have to say Zinger is better than Coco. I still think he looks like a Weasley. Orange hair and all.