Wednesday, August 29, 2007

The News

Did you all see the eclipse yesterday? I forgot it was happening, but woke up at 4:00, thanks to Zinger tap-dancing on my head. I looked out the window at the moon, saw that it was partially covered and thought, “Hmm, didn’t we just have a full moon the other night? How can so little be showing now?” It took several hours before I remembered that we had an eclipse. Dang it! I would have watched more if I had remembered. The moon was huge and orange when I came to work.

I checked CNN for info on the eclipse and could only find stories about some stupid senator making lewd gestures in an airport bathroom (honestly, how desperate do you have to be to try and pick someone up in an airport bathroom? How pathetic.). Oh, and stories about whether or not Owen Wilson tried to kill himself. Guess that shows you what our society deems “news.”

Actually, I don’t really know why I bother to read the news. It’s getting weirder and weirder every day. Although I did read where Leona Helmsley left her dog twelve million dollars. TWELVE MILL-EEON DOLLARS (said in a Dr. Evil voice)! To a dog. A DOG! I love my dogs to death and would certainly provide for their care should I pre-decease them, but I’m pretty sure $12 million is a bit much. What is her dog going to spend the money on, for heaven’s sake?? You can only buy and eat so many Greenies. Her chauffer only got $100,000. Two of her grandkids got nothing. Is this screwed up or what?

Oh, and while we are talking about weird news, did you see that some cities are considering legislation that will allow them to ban those God-awful saggy pants? I say go for it! I don’t know what kind of fashion statement that is supposed to make, but those saggy baggy pants are a “fashion don’t” in my book. I always want to go up to people that wear them and give the pants a good yank, just to see if they would notice. Give me a nice snug pair of Levi’s on a guy any day. What do girls of today see in that look? Yeesh.

2 comments:

Linda said...

It seems inconceivable that anyone could have $12,000,000 to leave anyone, let alone to a cat. Yes, this is definitely screwed up.

Deb said...

Wasn't she dubbed the Queen of Mean? She just had to tell everyone to eff off once she got to the afterlife.

I wouldn't mind being the caretaker of that dog, if that meant I got a piece of the pie.