Every now and then I read some horrifying article that talks about how little the American public reads. Here is another one. I just can't help sharing these.
Do you think it is really true that the typical person only reads four books a year? I can't believe that 27% of the people polled have not read a book this year. How sad is that?
On the other hand, that lady from Florida that reads 70 books a year is obviously an amateur. I read 150 books or so a year. Why didn't they poll me?!
And yes, I mostly read fiction. I like fiction. I'm not going to pretend I don't or apologize for it. So there.
Why are you all reading my blog? Go read a book!! (I can recommend some good ones if you want.)
2 comments:
I must admit to liking fiction, too. I see no need for apology. Why do you think people don't read all that much? I don't know.
Until this year, I had read less than 4 books a year (not work related) since I had kids. This summer alone I read 4 books and I'm on my 5th so I'm already ahead of the game.
My nonfiction consists of People and Perezhilton.com. The rest of my reading is fiction.
Deb
Post a Comment