So my girlfriends at work and I have a challenge going. We have decided that we will each finish a scrapbooking project by the end of August. So I sat down today to work on planning my pages. I have one file of all my digital scrapping stuff that isn't well organized. I've been bitching and moaning that I just don't know how to organize it all because I've got so much stuff now that I've either bought or downloaded for free.
I came up with this great idea tonight...I'll just save it on a disk! Wow! Why didn't I think of this before?! It's the answer to everything! Then I went and looked at the size of my file and found out that it is 10.5 GIGABYTES! Yow! I had no idea that I had so much stuff.
So my brilliant idea came to a crashing end. I'll have to think of something else now. Maybe I'll just go ahead and use my organizer in Elements. I don't know.
4 comments:
I like the pink! Cool!!
How about getting a jump drive for all that stuff? Talk to your Dad. He may have some idea.
Here is the poor man's way to organize:
(how I do it):
Here is what my directory tree looks like:
c:\downloads
>>>>>>>>\artist name
>>>>>>>>>>>>>\kit name
>>>>>>>>>>>>>\kit name
and so on, so forth.
Everytime I download, I stick the kit into its folder. Then I purchased ACDsee, which is only $40, but money well spent. I went over to oscraps.com\forums and found tutorials for idiots like me. It gave lists of how to organize my stuff. I have one marked "Previews" so I click on the preview I want and then I say "go to file" and it takes me to the file where that kit is. I also have tags like "holidays, birthdays etc."
BTW, 10 gigs is nothing.
I am not proud of this, but I kid you not I have 210 gigs worth of stuff. At least that's what Mozy tells me. This includes my pictures and music, but I know as of March, it took me 18 DVDs for all of my scrap stuff. You could get all of that onto 1-2 DVDs and then print out an index sheet.
The pink is better. You need some flowers or swirlies or some kind of pretty. Can you customize that in this program?
:)
P.s. jump drives are usually 1-2 gigs so you'd need 5-10 of them, depending on the size you got. I got external drives to back up on, two of them.
PS. where were my hate emails over my hard book? I'm not feeling the love....or hate (which is just as good :)
Is it ugly?
Bad news Kris. The deadline is July 31st. Now quit your whining and get over it. Get busy instead.
Post a Comment