Friday, June 08, 2007

Ick

I had THE most horrible thing happen to me this morning. Horrible. I shudder to think of it still.

I went to the Starbucks drive through that just opened over by where my mother-in-law works (we drive together now, you know) for a hot chocolate and a scone. I placed my order, got my cup and sweet bag and tootled on to work. At the next red light I took a sip of my drink and found it to be COFFEE!!!!! Coffee! In my hot chocolate cup! I stared at the cup in complete disbelief. How on earth do you confuse a coffee with a hot chocolate? The don’t even have the same number of syllables! I looked at the cup and noticed it had a sticker on it that said “Vanilla Latte.” Does vanilla latte sound ANYTHING like hot chocolate?

I’m sure they just mixed up the drinks they handed me at the window because they read it all back correctly. But still. I tasted coffee! Ugh. I can’t abide coffee. It just tastes all nasty. I’ve tried and I just hate it. I don’t like things flavored with coffee either. And you can’t make me!

So here I am, hot chocolate-less, with the nasty coffee taste still in my mouth, even after a diet Coke. Oh, and to add insult to injury, the stupid cup spilled all over my hand on the way up here. Some of it even had the nerve to spill on my shirt! So now I not only have nasty coffee feel and taste in my mouth I have a stain on my new top! And I can smell coffee. All this from a beverage I can’t stand. There is no justice in this world.

Charlene was happy, though. She got a free vanilla latte out of the deal this morning. She was the first person I saw when I got here, so I gave it to her. I guess I’ll consider it my good deed for the day.

3 comments:

Linda said...

I know what you mean about coffee. UGGGGHHHH!!! It is so gross! Papa didn't like it either, so you are in good company. It is the worst thing in the world to think you are getting something good to drink and find it to be coffee. ACCCKKK!
I don't like it either and you can't make me.
Love,
Mom

Deb said...

Me neither. I'm known to drink Pepsi when I need my caffeine fix, even if it is 9 am.

CPAGirl said...

Ok now, coffee isn't all that bad! It's suppose to have benefits, (I think). But I'm addicted. Like Diet Pepsi, it's one of those things I'd like to quit. Next time Starbucks makes that mistake, you can wander over here with the "dreaded" stuff! :)