We stayed at the Olympic Hotel in Chehalis. It's a neat old building with quite a lot of interesting history behind it. I guess it has been a bar and a brothel, and is now a Euopean-style hotel with 26 guest rooms. They are tiny rooms, each named after a famous, or infamous as the case may be, person that had something to do with the hotel. My friend Elizabeth (also know as gerlfren to her uber-special letterboxing buddies) and I stayed in the Nugent Room. These gentleman were known for not quite following the law around Chehalis, and got in a spot of trouble over it.
So here's the room. Tiny, huh? And yes, European Style means you share the bathroom. Oh, and guess who got the top bunk? Um, yeah. I'm not exactly built to be climbing up bunk beds these days. The hotel does have rooms with Queen sized beds. I'll take one of those next time!
Here are the Nugent brothers. It was just a bit weird to have these two guys staring at us all night. I forgot to grab the sheet of paper that told their story, so I can't tell you what it was.
I tried to capture the story that was painted on the walls, but didn't quite manage it.
This was my bed. Note the lack of a pillow case.
More of the story.
I didn't take any good pictures at the gathering. I was too busy letterboxing! Here is one of the sign, followed by one of the clover.
And that's the end of my picture travel log of the gathering. I know my friend Leslie (known as Miniles in letterboxing circles) took a bunch of pictures and posted them on one of the letterboxing sites. I'll see if I can go snag some.
Okay, now I've posted more today than I have in the past month. Enjoy!
1 comment:
ha ha ha. Your last sentence is funny because I teased you mercifully on my bloggie this morning...though it hasn't posted yet, I'll have to check it out.
Cool pictures! I love when you blog more! As I said on MY blog, I about fainted when I came over here and saw 3 posts. I got tired of checking and getting DENIED.
Let me know what you get at Scrap Artist. If you can, try and hold out for a 20 percent off sale. I'll send you the coupon when i get one, usually about once a month.
:)
Post a Comment