Now that the warmer weather has finally reached us here in the Northwest, I find myself noticing major fashion disasters more and more. I confess that I am nowhere near the level of fashion queen and probably have no room to judge others. I figure if my outfit is clean and comfortable, that’s good enough for me. It doesn’t even have to be ironed. But when I was out and about last weekend I saw some true fashion don’ts.
First, let me get the major anytime fashion don’ts out of the way:
Sandals with socks - especially not the kind of athletic socks that have a different colored toe and heel. That just looks sad.
Open-toed sandals with pantyhose – trust me, we can see the seam you are trying to scrunch between your toes
Spandex - need I say more?
Grody feet in sandals - get a pedicure or wear closed shoes, please!
Banana hammocks - this doesn't need any extra either.
Okay, so here are some of the major fashion blunders to avoid this summer:
Plus sized women in spaghetti strap tank tops.
If you are carrying around a little extra baggage it’s a good bet that you should stay away from tank tops altogether, but please avoid the teeny-tiny strapped ones. I guarantee I don’t want to see the parts of you this exposes.
There was a woman at K-Mart who was giving her kid a piggy-back ride the other day and she was wearing one of these beauties. The kid kept pulling on her upper chest and I was sure we were going to see waaay more of this woman than anyone ever should.
Okay, I have a whole list of things plus sized women shouldn't wear. They include:
low rider pants
contoured shirts
crop tops
spandex
anything that you can find in the Junior's section. If you can buy it in a size 2, there is a very good chance it looks rediculus in a size 20.
Crop tops
For the most part this is a fashion don’t in my book. I don’t know anyone these look good on.
Shorts
Now that I am old, I think shorts are stupid. Let’s face it ladies, if you are over 30, you probably want to steer away from shorts alltogether.
Too much cleavage
A little bit is okay, but let's not get carried away.
Belly shirts
These look horrible on everyone. Please don't.
Patterned undies under white pants
I've seen it!
Flip Flops
This whole flip flop craze is getting out of control. In my book, they are for the shower and around the pool or the beach. They do not belong at work (dressy ones are different), and you can bet you look stupid wearing them.
There. I feel better getting that out. I'm currently wearing tight crop pants that accenuate all the extra me and a yucky old shirt that is torn and covered with paint, but luckily, you can't see me!
2 comments:
Umm...tube tops? With or without visible bra straps, this just isn't a good look for anyone.
Good God, how could I forget tube tops? I guess because they are so hideous that they should be forgotten.
Bra straps showing are another big don't I forgot. That's just never cool.
Post a Comment