Sunday, June 14, 2009

Letterboxing: The Musician's Series

I took the whole day off on Friday and went boxing with some of my bestest letterboxing friends. Camp Fire Lady, Marmalade and I spent most of the day out in Forest Park hunting for the boxes in the Musician's Series. It was awesome! We had such a wonderful time. I ended up with 22 stamps and even planted a box.

I took a bunch of pictures to share with you, my loyal blog readers. Enjoy!

We started the day off at the Cannon Trail. It's a short hike with two boxes on it (now that I planted mine).


A really cool tree. Doesn't it look like a map of the digestive system?


Here's me planing my B-52's Box. I rarely ever plant boxes, so we decided to memorialize this plant.


Yes, this is a MAJOR clue for any of you that might want to go and find the box.


Here's Camp Fire Lady and Marmalade at the begining of the day.


You know how I like to take pictures of plants and stuff. Here is some cool fungus.


And here is some different fungus...mushrooms.


And some more mushrooms. Unfortunately, this picture turned out kind of blurry, but they were really cool mushroooms.


Here's Marm looking for a box. I wish I had a video of us retreiving and returning this one box. It must have been hilarious to watch. Marm slipped and slid her way down this hill to get the box out of a stump, I stood on the trail and caught the box when she tossed it so CFL & I could stamp in. Then I tossed it back to Marm. We were clever enough to toss it up the hill so that it wouldn't roll down to the bottom, but the box was more clever than us and rolled down a good ways. I climbed down and tossed it back to Marm who was finally able to get it with a stick and return it to the hiding place.


I love this picture.


Here's Scout's Clearing, nearly at the end of the trail. We took a nice long break here. Thank goodness Marm came prepared with apples and string cheese or we would have starved! She also had all the good first aid stuff for the mosquito bites and the stinging nettle I found with my wrist.


At the end of the day. We're pooped. We ended up hiking about 8 miles on Friday. My butt and hips still hurt!


A good time was had by all. Thank you two my bestest letterboxing buddies for going with me and feeding me and inking all the stamps and keeping me company. Let's do it again soon!

No comments: