Not much has been going on around here lately. Same old, same old. So, let's do some updates on the family, shall we?
Greg is having more trouble with his back. Poor guy, I just don't know what I can do to help him. He's been miserable for the last couple of weeks because of the pain. He can't sit for long or stand for long and is having trouble finding a comfortable way to lay down. He couldn't even go to his uncle's funeral in Tacoma last weekend because he can't sit in the car that long. Despite all these challenges, he's still going to his pool class three times a week and takes the dogs to the park when the weather permits. I'm so proud of him for staying on track and doing these things. It would be so easy to just give up and stay at home.
Percy's eyes are better, but he isn't doing well. He spends a lot of time on the bottom of his tank looking miserable with his fins tucked in tight. He's also been floating kind of crookedly. I'm afraid he won't be with us much longer. I don't know what else to do for him. If any of you Betta vets out there reading this want to give me a free consult, I'll be happy to give you more details.
Sophie has something going on with her little girl parts. I'll spare you the details and just say that putting ointment on your dog's bajingo is really hard. And weird. And I feel like a perv.
Carmen seems to be fine. She loves her ball and Frisbee and is annoying in the extreme until you play with her. She is under the impression that Sophie is getting some really awesome treat three times a day that she is missing out on, though. If she only knew...
Cleo has been a pain in the butt. She has cabin fever or Spring fever or something. She's been getting in to everything. She's been trying to get into the blinds and broke a couple of the slats in my room, she chewed on my brand new CPAP hose and put a bunch of little holes in it, and she's been sneaking out the door every time it is opened. She might need a kitty psychiatrist, I don't know. I love her anyway.
Zinger is fat and lazy and completely fascinated with my fish. He also needs his nails cut (I know this because he just jumped up on my leg with call his claws out - yowch!) His arbitrary birthday is Saturday, so I'm going to get him his very own fishy for his present. To watch, not eat. Hmm, maybe I should feed Percy to Zingy and put him out his misery (Percy, not Zingy).
As for me, I'm just glad I finally got caught up on all the laundry. Okay, seriously, I'm doing okay. I'm still tired a lot of the time even with the new bipap and all the extra iron for my anemia. I go to the doctor next week for another blood draw and check on those levels. I really need a vacation. On the plus side, I am going letterboxing on Friday with my bestest friends in the whole world! That will make me one happy Bookworm. Oh, and I'm going to plant a letterbox, too!
That reminds me. I'd better go find the stamp I carved. I'm sure it's here. Somewhere...
So there you have it. You are up to date.
2 comments:
What! Percy is NOT a meal, even for Zinger. What an appalling thought - shame on you.
Glad to hear that you are letterboxing this weekend - its good to have fun things to look forward to. Good luck!
bajjingo.
That's funny.
Post a Comment