He had a rocky start, with his mama kicking him a few times right after he was born. Well, after 22 months of pregnancy and 30 plus hours of labor, and pushing out a 286 pound baby, I’d probably want to kick him, too. The keepers say all is well, but they haven’t put mama and baby back together permanently yet. I guess the little guy has nursed some and she has snuggled him, but the keepers are being very cautious and keeping them separated for the most part. They’ve showed a video clip on the news with the baby bawling for his mama. It’s really heartbreaking…he sounds so sad.
He doesn’t have a name yet. What’s a good name for a baby elephant?
Isn’t he cute? Look at that teeny little trunk.

1 comment:
Awww....it's a baby! I think they should name him Sherman for Sherman Tank cuz he's gonna be soooo big!!
Post a Comment