Tuesday, September 04, 2007

HOT!

Work was so miserable today. There was some power surge or something that knocked out the power at City Hall over the weekend. So there was no AC for several days over the 3-day weekend. When I came in to work it was stifling, but I figured it would soon cool off. Something major must have happened, because they kept telling us to turn off our computers because the power was going off. The air finally came on at 3:00 on my end of the building. My fish tank had the only thermometer around and it read 80 degrees. I hate sitting at work sweating.

Thankfully it wasn't hot outside, only in the 70s. If it had been really hot out we would have been screwed. Big time. Worse than we were.

I'm afraid this was all my fault because before I went to work I was bragging to Deb that it was raining and cool here when she was saying the temperatures in San Diego had been in the triple digits. I wrote Deb later this morning and told her what had happened. She laughed and said it was Karma.

Karma is a bitch.

3 comments:

Ritha said...

It was soooo hot!

Deb said...

yep. Karma is a total bitch. Hope it is all working again.

Today was sooo much cooler. There has been a cool breeze all day. It's still in the high 80s but it isn't stifling.

Anonymous said...

wait and see what u do comes back 3 times over