Today is the 20th anniversary of my first date with Greg. Can you believe that? 20 years sounds like such a long time, doesn't it? In some ways it seems like it has been a long time and in other ways it seems like it has woooshed by. I should scan some pictures of us back then and post them, although, that would be pretty depressing.
Yes, we got married on the same day of our first date. We always used May 8th as our annivesary, so when in 1999 May 8th fell on a Saturday, I took it as a sign. We never forget this way. I count the 7 years we were together before we got married, so I always have to double check what year we actually got married. 20 years together, 13 married.
The only problem with having our anniversary on the 8th is the weekend around it is usually Mother's Day and you just can't blow off Mother's Day for an anniversary. You just can't.
No comments:
Post a Comment