As some of my faithful readers may have noticed, I am attempting to post on my blog every day for a month. I’m not entirely sure I remember why I wanted to do this, but I put it on my 101 in 1001 list (found at my WYSIWYG Girl site) so therefore it must be done! I have been sadly lacking in any posts of substance for the past week. I’ve lamely posted stuff but nothing too interesting…mostly because I’ve run out of ideas. You guys have heard about my opinions on stuff and I can’t think of anything new to opine on. I could tell you more about my Farm Town addiction, or whine about my floors, or talk about how great my pets are, or how tired I am of being overweight, or how tired I am of being broke, but even I am bored with those topics, so I can’t imagine that you want to hear about them…again. The official theme according to NaBloPoMo is “tomorrow” but I think that is boring as well. I haven’t done anything remotely interesting lately that I could blog about. Work is boring, so I can’t blog about that. The pets haven’t even done anything interesting.
So I went online and did a search of blog topics (I’m such an internet nerd). Wow, there are some really boring ideas out there. But I ran across this site that I thought had some promising topics.
I thought I might write about “My Worst Injury Ever.” Then I realized this one has been done to death also, since my worst injury ever was when I broke my ankle. (if you’d like to revisit it, here’s the link) That is pretty well chronicled on this blog already. So that won’t work.
Then I thought about “My Favorite Vacation.” Well, this one was hard because I’ve loved all my vacations. The month I spent in New Zealand, the trip to Canada with my parents, grandmother and cousin Deb, and the first trip Greg & I took together are among my favorite favorites. I have lots of happy memories of all my trips, but not too many pictures I can post about them here because the pictures are from back when we used film to take pictures (remember that?). And if you will notice on my WYSIWYG Girl site, number 81 is still there as untouched: “81. Scan all negatives into the computer and store on some kind of lasting media.” So I should really save that idea until I can show you pictures with my descriptions.
Now I’ve finally decided to go with the “If I Had a Superpower” topic. I may have mentioned this one before, but I can’t remember. So I’ll do it now.
I’ve never been very good at just picking one thing. I don’t have one favorite movie or one favorite book or even one favorite food, so it’s kind of hard for me to limit myself to choosing just one superpower. I’ve always thought it would be great to be able to be invisible. Who wouldn’t want that as a superpower? And it would be nice to be able to see through things. I can think of a lot of practical applications for that one. If I was invisible I wouldn’t need super hearing because I could just go wherever and eavesdrop. And super hearing is Greg’s superpower and it’s a pain. If a fly fs down the street he can hear it and it wakes him up, so that one is out. Then I looked up “superpowers” in Google (see above internet nerd comment) to get some more ideas and found this whole big list to chose from.
So now I REALLY can’t choose just one.
But here’s one not on the list that I like. I’ve decided I want to be able to have the power to give and take away weight from people. If someone is sick and underweight, I’d be happy to give them some extra. Those that are packing around a few extra pounds, if they are nice to me, just might wake up to find they lost 20 pounds overnight! And those people that annoy me better watch out…I could use my powers for evil! If you are a meanie to me or mine you just might wake up to find you gained 50 pounds inexplicably. That’ll teach you!
Boy, I need to get a life.
1 comment:
I take back every mean thing I ever said or thought about you. Please take 30 pounds, O magic weight fairy!
Post a Comment