Here's the outside of the store.

The outside from the front.

The delivery truck.

A cool bush that looks like a voodoo doll.

Voodoo Doughnuts are known for their quirky and weird types of donuts (see their menu). I tried the maple bar with bacon strips. It was quite yummy, actually, but then I love maple bacon and dipping my bacon in maple syrup. We also tried the Memphis Mafia, which is a banana fritter with peanut butter and chocolate frosting and chocolate chips. I did not know until yesterday that peanut butter on a doughnut is actually very good. We also tried the Voodoo doughnut, which is a doughnut shaped like a voodoo doll with raspberry filling to simulate blood. It comes with a pretzel stick to use as your "pin."
For the novelty factor it was fun to try their wares, but at $15 a dozen I think I'll stick to Donut Nook here in Vancouver. They may not be as fancy or have been featured on a food show, but they are cheaper and closer!
1 comment:
There is a Voodoo doughnuts right next to my new office - you have inspired me to stop for breakfast tomorrow :-)
Maybe the new girl can score some bonus points with a (tasteful) selection of donuts...no nyquil glaze or cock-n-balls me thinks.
Post a Comment