Greg and I went to the Rose City Classic Dog Show today. It was amazing. Luckily, I work with a terrific lady that shows her Basenji's who gave me two free passes to the show (a $20 value!). She says she didn't do as well as she wanted except on Saturday when her dog almost won best in breed.
Dog shows are weird. I heard more than one person talk about how political the judging is. I hate that. It should be all about the dog, not all about the persona who owns or is showing the dog.
Unfortunately, we got there too late to see the whippets show, but we did watch the Italian Greyhounds from start to finish. They are so danged cute. I think Greg fell in love with a little red and white girl named Spring who was about 6 months old. Can you just see Greg walking an IG? They'd be so cute together! We also enjoyed the Basenji's and the Pharaoh Hounds. We ran into a really nice couple that we've met at lure trials showing one of their dogs. That was kind of cool and made me want to race again this year.
Anyway, I like going to the dog shows to stroll around the merchant booths and pick up free samples of dog & cat food. We got a lot this time! I also enjoy seeing a whole bunch of the same breed of dog all at once. Especially if it is a breed that is supposed to be one color, unlike whippets who say "color is immaterial." We saw a whole line of Shetland Sheepdogs getting their last minute grooming and fluffing before they went in the ring. That was pretty cool except that they used an awful lot of hairspray on them.
One thing I thought was interesting was that there were no Greyhounds entered in the show. Hmm. I'll have to go research that.
No comments:
Post a Comment