Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Weekend News

So how was your weekend? Did you do anything fun? I managed to have fun AND get stuff done. How's that for a good weekend?

I left work early on Friday to go meet with Greg to go downtown for some shoe shopping. Well, SOMEONE decided that I probably wouldn't be able to leave early and just went shopping without me. So I left early and took my car through DEQ and got my plates renewed. Okay how's this for dumb? The State of Washington REQUIRES you to get new license plates every seven years. This is what it says on the WDOT site:

Required 7-year replacement
By law, you must replace your license plates every 7 years when you renew your vehicle registration. The reflective coating on the plates only has a 5-year guarantee. This coating helps law enforcement officers easily identify vehicles in poor weather conditions. Proper care of plates won't prevent this coating from breaking down over time.

Does anyone else think this is totally stupid? Does anyone else think this is a total scam to get more money out of people now that the new law was passed that lowers our registration rates? Um, yeah.

And you don't get your same plate number! So my old plates were 757 LUH and my new plates are 972 WTG. What the what? If it was only one letter before G. :-) What the Greg? What the Goose? Where's the God? Someone give me an acronym for WTG.

Moral of the story: Replace your car every 6 years and don't worry about it!


I was checking out the news on the San Diego fires this morning and found the following:

Schwarzenegger Threatens Arsonists, Looters California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger said Saturday the state will go after scam artists, price-gougers, insurance rip-offs, shady contractors and anyone else who takes advantage of those burned out of their homes.

And he said if he were one of the arsonists who'd started fires, he wouldn't be able to sleep knowing the law was on the trail. He said those who've torched the state will pay for what they've done.

Wouldn't you be scared if you knew Arnie was on your tail? You know that when Conan / The Terminator / Harry Tasker / Mr. Freeze tells you that you will pay for what you've done, you are totally screwed. And I mean totally.

1 comment:

Deb said...

WTG= way to go!

Yeah...I wouldn't want the terminator on my butt.