Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Camping

Way back in December we made plans with Bryan & Lynn to go camping the weekend before the Fourth of July. We decided to go to Seaquest State Park in Washington and made our (non-refundable) reservations a long time ago. After I broke my ankle, we figured we would cancel our reservation or change it for another date. We found out that we couldn't do either without a hefty fee that would practically equal the whole amount we paid. No amount of pleading or offers of doctor excuses would get us out of it.

After much discussion Greg & I decided we might as well go. Poor Greg had to do everything himself. Hooking up, shopping, laundry, packing, loading, making the bed, unhooking, setting up...everything. It totally sucked for him.

So we toodled off to the park, which is up near Mt. St. Helens. It was great to camp with Bryan & Lynn and the kids. We went up to see the mountain, had meals together, and generally relaxed around the campsite. I was useless. I did not get the off-road wheelchair, so it was difficult to get around. Andrew & Chelsea were great about pushing me around, though. Lynn & Bryan kept us fed and watered. About all we did was bring some cake. We couldn't have done it without them.

Anyway, in case any of you were wondering, camping with a broken leg pretty much sucks overall.

Here are some pictures for you:

There was a Cobra club up at Coldwater Creek Visitor's Center. I didn't get to see them in person, but they are so cool looking. That's my nephew Andrew drooling on the cars.


The view from Coldwater Creek V.C. (That's Lynn's finger there in case you wondered).


Carmen & Sophie looking adorable as usual.


Greg and Sophie relaxing at the camp site.


Greg & Carmen relaxing at the camp site.


Mt. St. Helens showing her stuff.


Naptime! My youngest niece Chelsea loved that Carmen & Sophie cuddled up with her for a nap.



Gimpy. That's pretty much what I did the whole time.


Sophie & her football.


Playing in the empty camp area.


Aside from having to do all the work, Greg got munched by mosquitos really badly. He's highly allergic to them anyway, and they seem to love his blood, despite all the Off he used. So he's been really miserable.

We'll try camping again when my ankle heals. It's way too much work with one leg!

1 comment:

Deb said...

Cool pictures. The St. Helens one is really pretty. I'm glad you went camping, despite the work involved and despite your ankle.

Yay you!

Hope Greg is feeling better.