Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Cuuute!

Look! Whippet puppies! Aren't they cuuute?



These are the newest Dreams Whippets puppies. There are 5 boys and 2 girls.

They are related to both my girls, but I'm not clear how. Let's see. Mom is Jazz (Dreams She Got The Jazz). Her dad is Eddy (Ringdove Black Adder) and her Mom is Breeze (Summer Breeze Mirage). Eddy is Sophie's grandpa. Breeze is Sophie's Mom's littermate. What happens when your grandpa and your aunt have kids? Okay, that's just weird. Factor in that I think Eddy is dead, things get even weirder. So that makes these puppies, um, second cousins?

Dad is Buster (Dreams Bustin Loose). His dad is Rusty (O'ochigea's Vitalis) and Mom is Crystal (Winsome Crystal Blue). Crystal is Carmen's mom, so that makes her and Buster half-siblings. So I guess these puppies are cousins to her, too. Luckily, Rusty's lineage is not represented in my girls's line, so we don't have to figure that one out!

Consanguinity is weird, isn't it? I even had a chart and I couldn't figure it out.

Okay, now that I've brought out the big words, my work here is done.

Kris out.

1 comment:

Kris said...

I'm still confused on that myself! And, no, we aren't getting a puppy!