Monday, May 15, 2006

I'm Baaaack!

So didja miss me? I've been without internet since Saturday. Can you believe it? Yes, since SATURDAY!!! Somehow I managed to survive, but it was a close thing.

We finished the bonus room on Saturday and spent most of Sunday moving the important stuff back up there. It is now officially the office again. Woo hoo! I do have pictures of the room when we finished it, but at the moment I don't know where the camera is to download them. This room looks gigantic right now. We just have our desks in here with the computers on them, one file cabinet, and the printer stand. It echoes really badly in here, too. I have a terrible headache tonight and Carmen was just barking at Greg to throw the ball for her, and I thought my head was going to fall off from the noise. I am now sitting on the ball so she will quit barking. The things I do for peace and quiet around here.

We kinda took it easy today because it was super hot out. I just checked on the news site and it is still 91 degrees. That's NINETY-ONE degrees. In May. It never gets that hot here that early. Our air conditioning is getting a work out today. Thank GOODNESS we got A/C. This would totally suck if we didn't have it.

Now we need to clean up the former office and go through files and put things away. Sigh. Will this project ever end???

While it was good to get some stuff done on Saturday, it was a majorly disappointing day. I gave up the opportunity to letterboxing in the Columbia River Gorge with a group of letterboxers I really like. Sometimes it's so hard to be a grown-up and make those choices. THEN Julie called to tell me she had the flu and wasn't up to going to our play.

Well, there is always next weekend, right?

No comments: