I had lunch with two letterboxing icons today. Did I feel kind of special? Umm, yes. Der Mad Stamper is the father of letterboxing in the Northwest. Everyone says his name in a hushed tone with a sort of reverence. Well, until they try to solve one of his evil clues. Then they curse his name. He just laughs, and yes, it is a rather evil chuckle. I was so impressed the first time I met him. He was out of letterboxing for a while, but has come back in the last year or so with a vengeance. Maiden1974 is a good friend of mine who is VERY involved in the letterboxing community and has about seven billion boxes planted out there. She is an amazing carver and has a very evil and clever mind.
I don't usually get to see these folks outside of letterboxing, so it was fun to see them in a building for a change. :-) Of course, we just talked about letterboxing, so it wasn't that different from looking for boxes together, but that's okay.
Maiden has made me a scarecrow stamp to use for those "jeesh, if I only had a brain" moments that come upon me more and more. I can't wait to box with people so when someone does something dumb I can give them my stamp. Of course, I'm usually the one that does something blonde, so I may not get to use it much. Still, it will be nice to have a new traveler. My Book Goddess one is getting old.
I went after the Ace of Fun letterbox again today after I got my hair cut. This is like my 10th try to find this box. First I couldn't find the place. Then when I found it I didn't know the box had been pulled for maintenance and it wasn't there. THEN the next couple of times I went the place was closed. I looked for it last week only to find the place, um, changed (can't say too much or I'll give the clue away). I found the blankety-blank place today finally after driving around for 15 minutes trying to find it, only to get there and find the place closed. It was 3 minutes after 6 and they closed at 6:00. How rude is that??????? Sheesh. Well, at least I know where the silly place is FINALLY and what their stupid hours are, so I can go get the damned box. It better be worth it, that's all I have to say.
My mom & dad & grandma left for their cruise today. Yes, I'm majorly jealous. I hope they have a terrific time. I was going to link to their cruise info so you could see it, but Holland America's stupid web site is stupid. I can't find the damned thing. Oh great, now the stupid page has frozen. Okay I give up.
P.S. How many times did I use the word stupid in this post??? I think it must be time to go to bed. I'm getting crabby.
No comments:
Post a Comment