Sunday, November 13, 2011

Better

Greg went to the doctor on Thursday and was given a clean bill of health. Well, on the meningitis, anyway. The infectious disease specialist said all of his labs came back with normal results and the infection is cleared. He is off the antibiotic pump as of Saturday. The neurosurgeon gave the almost all clear. He did really have back surgery, so he has to take it easy on lifting and stuff for the next two months.

So that's all good.

Greg went to see his naturopath about getting some good bacteria back in his system and we spent an obscene amount of money on those drugs. I can't wait to see what this hospital bill will total. What do you all think? MRIs, chest x-ray, CT scan, emergency room visit, spinal tap, 5 days in the hospital, daily blood tests, cultures, back surgery, and two weeks of out patient antibiotics. I'm guessing when all is said and done we'll be lucky if the whole bill comes in under $100,000. NOT the way I would plan to use that kind of money. Thank the Good Lord we have good insurance. Hopefully it will all be covered. Please, God! Let it all be covered.

Of course, nothing can be easy around here. Now that I have Greg back to mostly normal, I was really looking forward to MY life getting back to normal. Unfortunately, my car broke down on Friday night, so I am momentarily without a vehicle. I totally HATE not having my car. Keep your fingers crossed that it is something cheap to fix. The tow was covered under road side assistance through our insurance, so that was at least something good.

Oh, except the man who just had back surgery had to push the Expedition out of the drive through at Panda Express. In the pouring rain.

Yeah, so not good on his back.

Needless to say, I'm pretty grumpy about it all.

On the plus side, I got to go out for a morning of letterboxing with my favorite boxers on Friday. We got 4 boxes up at Morgan Creek. The Wonder Whippets went along as well as Friday, Maiden's Newfoundland puppy. Aside from Friday wanting to play and the girls decidedly NOT wanting anything to do with him, it was very relaxing and just what I needed. Too bad all the efficacious effects of the morning are now gone.

No comments: