Tuesday, March 08, 2011

A Treasure's Trove

I found the coolest thing today. I was at the library and on a whim looked up letterboxing. They had one book, The Letterboxer's Companion, by Randy Hall, which, of course, I already have. Out of curiosity I thought I'd go and see what other books are shelved near by 796.14. I found this interesting book called The Official Solution Book to A Treasure's Trove by Michael Stadther. The pictures on the cover looked interesting so I flipped through it. I saw some images that I thought my amazing carving friends might like so I decided to take it home and see if anyone had it yet.

Imagine my surprise when I looked at it further and discovered this was the ultimate letterboxers fantasy. This guy created a story called A Treasure's Trove in a children's book, illustrated it with clues hidden in the illustrations to 12 tokens that were hidden across the country that could be exchanged for one of 12 animals in the story made of precious gems. The 12 gemstone animals were worth over a million dollars together! Now that all of the tokens have been found he can tell the full story of who, what, why, and most importantly, WHERE!

This is AMAZING! I have yet to look at the actual book but the Solution book tells where all the information is hidden in the pictures. I am in awe. This guy is an amazing artist and has a very intricate mind to come up with some of the stuff explained in this book.

No one let Maiden anywhere near this book. She will start making clues so hard my head literally will explode. I solved this clue of hers last night. Yeah, that's right. It leads to a letterbox! A very cool letterbox that I was first finder on, I might add.

Anyhoo, I'm off to look at my book and marvel some more.

No comments: