I didn't make a big deal out of it this year, but I once again gave up soda for Lent. It gets easier and easier every year. Why do I drink this crap again? Anyway, Monday was the first day I could drink it again and I was totally anticipating a nice cool diet Coke. I scrounged $1.25 in nickles and dimes out of my change purse and headed for the soda machine, imagining that first taste of diet Coke and the way the bubbles tickle my nose.
I got to the soda machine, plugged in all my change and hit the button. "SOLD OUT" scrolls across the screen. WTF????
"Okay," I think. "No big deal. I'll just push the change button and go to the machine downstairs." I push the button. Nothing happens. More pushing of the button. More nothing happening. CRAP! The damn machine wouldn't give me my last $1.25 back!
So I had to have regular Coke. It still tasted good, but it just wasn't the same.
No comments:
Post a Comment