Yeah, yeah. I know it's taken me forever to get this post out there. Thank you to all my avid readers who have send such encouraging notes!
So my mother-in-law, Ann, and I went to San Francisco. Our plan was to go see the King Tut exhibit at the DeYoung museum we planned a very short trip and figured anything else we got to do was gravy. We left on Sunday, January 24th about 2. We decided to take the train to SFO. It's about an 18 hour train ride. We got ourselves a sleeper compartment and really had a nice trip down. Neither of us had ever taken the train before, so it was a fun experience.
So we got on the train, got settled, and then went to the dining car for lunch. The food was great, and meals are included in the cost of the sleeper car. Pretty sweet deal if you ask me.
I really enjoyed the ride down. It was very relaxing. I didn't have to do anything but enjoy someone else driving, look out the window, eat, and try to untangle my skein of yarn to work on my crocheting.
If you've never stayed in a sleeper car before, they are really tiny. Really, really tiny. Just enough room for two (nice sized) seats that make into two twin sized bunk beds and an itty bitty closet. So small I couldn't get decent pictures of it. Of course, you can stay in larger ones, but we went cheap.
Here is a picture of my bunk looking towards the foot of the bed.
Here's Ann all secured into the top bunk.
We switched on the way back and I took the top bunk. There is NO extra room up there, believe me.
Anyway, we got into Emeryville (which is as close as Amtrak comes to San Fran) about 8:30 Monday morning. We took a bus across the bay to Fisherman's Wharf and walked about 3 blocks to the Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf. One of the first things I saw was this lovely Wyland wall.
We settled in to our very nice room including a shower and a change of clothes and headed out to explore.
Isn't the room pretty? It was a super comfortable bed with a soft duvet and really soft sheets. I wanted to bring it home with me!
And here, my faithful readers, I will leave you hanging until the next installment!
No comments:
Post a Comment