Thursday, October 29, 2009

Some Days it Doesn't Pay to Get Out of Bed

Today was one of those days. I got up at a reasonable time, let the dogs out, did the shower thing. Everything was going okay until I went to get dressed. Haven't kept up with the laundry so all my favorite clothes were in the wash. Put on a dress and nylons. Wearing nylons is a pain in the patootie on the best of days, but it is really difficult with my CT. So I put them on and they run the first time I sit down. Then I realize there is a button missing on the sweater. And it's really too tight to be attractive. Take off the dress. Change to a skirt and sweater. Um, those are a bit too tight as well. Take off sweater & skirt and ditch the nylons. Pick out a pants outfit (no nylons needed)...WTF? Too tight????? And the jacket has short sleeves so you can totally see the tape my physical therapist put on my arm to help the CT. Tacky and tight. Nice combo.

Finally dig out some pants and a sweater that don't make me look like a sausage. Go downstairs to put on shoes and socks. Spill glass of water all over lap. Great. Now I'm soaked. No time to change even if there was something else to wear.

Go into bathroom to do hair. Best not to describe this debacle. Am now seriously considering calling it a day and going back to bed, but I've set up this training for this morning that I really want to attend.

So I made it to work in one piece. That's all I'm asking for today.

Hopefully, things will get better.

1 comment:

Leah said...

Wow - what a morning. Forget work and the laundry and go shopping!