Saturday, November 15, 2008

I Hate Being Sick

Being sick sucks. I've had a cold for about 2 weeks now. Sniffles, sea-lion barking coughs, green snot, yellow phlegm, the whole thing. I stopped at Walgreens yesterday to buy some more cold pills, cough meds, and cough drops to get me through the rest of the week. I was annoyed to find that all the good cold meds have been taken off the market because of crazy crack addicts who do something mysterious with it to make some horrible poisonous substance. WTF? Why should I suffer because some bozo makes illegal drugs using the good cold pills? I already have a cold and feel rotten, why don't you kick me while I'm down?

Then, while the clerk was ringing up my stuff yesterday, she goes "And can I get your birthdate?" I told her what it was and asked, "I assume you asked that because of the cough medicine?" When she said yes, I said, "How old do you have to be to buy cough medicine?" She explained that you have to be over 18 now to buy cough medicine because of "substance abuse."

I must really be getting old. When I was a kid you used cough medicine to control a cough, not to get high. It never would have occurred to me that I could drink a bunch of it to get high. Who wants to drink a bunch of it anyway? It all tastes nasty. Like the geeky girl I am , I had to go Google "cough medicine abuse" to learn anything about it. This was a good site for info. This one was good too. Now that I know more than I ever wanted to know I have come to the following conclusions:

1. Parents need to do a better job supervising their kids.
2. Kids need to go back to the more "natural" drugs of marijuana and coke and quit mixing up dangerous concoctions that make it so innocent cold victims can't buy medicine to treat their colds because a bunch of liberals are trying to save your stinking sorry undeserving asses.


It is my opinion that you are going to want to get high really, really badly in order to drink a bunch of cough medicine. I'm sure there must be something better and easier to get/use.

That's just my opinion.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow. she writes. And grosses us out yet again, lol.

I've missed your posts.

And to be honest, I like kicking my mom's ass in Word Twist more, but you've improved a lot. The other girl you set us up with wiped the floor with me every game and Jason clocks me every time, so hopefully that makes you feel better :) I just enjoy playing the game and don't look at the scores (unless it's my mom, of course, but that's just because we are competitive with each other).