Thursday, April 10, 2008

6 Word Story

Hemingway once wrote a story in just six words ("For sale: baby shoes, never worn.") and is said to have called it his best work. Leah got this book called Not Quite What I Was Planning. It's full of 6-word stories written by various people following in Hemmingway's footsteps. Check it out if you have a chance. We had a lot of fun making up 6-word stories at work. Here are a few of mine:

Double it. Add half an hour.

Water in. Pee out. Floors ruined.

So much potential. Utter failure.

Was skinny. Now fat. I suck.

Not all who wander are lost.

I read too much…into everything.

If I could turn back time…

Music soothes the savage beast…me.

Born in ’70. Scarred for life.

I swear, it was right there!

I swear, I didn’t do it!

Good book, cuddly kitten, total bliss.

Rainy day, long nap, snuggly whippet.


Okay, bloggers...let's hear yours!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i can't think of a story.
a good one, I do not have.
No, I am not like yoda.
yes, I think I will stop.
I hit a wall with car.
scratched bumper that was just fixed.
feel like a big, big, loser.
okay this was kind of fun.
not as hard as i once thought
clever girl yes that is me.

Anonymous said...

by the way, "so much potential. utter failure." is 5 words. Just so you know.