Saturday, March 01, 2008

Tagged

Okay, I wasn't really tagged. I saw this on a complete stranger's blog and thought it was a clever idea, so I snagged the picture and am sending it off to my friends. So here we go....



So. Seven random & weird facts about me.

1. I'm a slob. I'm sure this isn't a surprise to anyone who knows me, but I am completely incapable of staying tidy for more than about 5 minutes. I didn't use to be this way. I used to be all nice and tidy and organized. I'd show you a picture of various rooms in my house just to prove my point, but it would be too embarassing. So just take my word for it. I'm a slob.

2. I love musicals. Okay, this isn't probably much of a surprise to anyone either. I watched Singing in the Rain today for the ten billionth time today. I think I probably have more CDs of musicals than all my other CDs put together. I am unable to play any instruments myself and don't have a great singing voice, but I sure do admire those who do.

3. When I was a kid I really wanted to be a veterinarian. That was all I wanted to be for years and years. Since I love animals it seemed like a perfect fit. Then when I was a teenager I spent a day with a cousin who is a vet. I watched a couple of surgeries and spent a lot of time in his office breathing deeply and trying not to barf. That managed to dampen my dreams of becoming a vet.

4. When I was little I had very blonde hair. My mom used to put it up in two long ponytails. I remember her combing it out and how much it hurt. I'm sure I was a terrible brat about it. Do you remember the smell of "No More Tears?" Any little girl who had long hair will remember that stuff.

5. My biggest regret in life so far is that I didn't go to college. That was so stupid of me. I had this idea that I shouldn't spend the money on school if I didn't really know what I wanted to do. Stupid, stupid, stupid. Now I'm 38 and have a job and a mortgage and I'll never make it back to school.

6. I didn't get my driver license until I was 18. I flunked my test twice before I finally got it right with a 96. The sad thing was I was a good driver. Much better than my friends!

7. I was named for both my grandmothers. I'm not sure when my parents got Kristine, but Elizabeth is my maternal grandmother's first name and my paternal grandmother's middle name. If I had been a boy my name would have been Kenneth David. Yeesh. I would have been doomed to nerdhood. Sorry, Mom, I'm sure you thought it was a great name...thank goodness you didn't use it on me!

There ya go. 7 more or less interesting and somewhat weird things about me. Are you thrilled? I thought you'd be!

So, I am tagging the following people:
Deb
Michele
Ritha
Diane
Charlene
Leah (even though she refuses to have her own blog)
Christine

Can't wait to see your facts, ladies!

No comments: