Friday, February 08, 2008

Better

Sorry about my pity party post last time. Things are a little better. Thanks to Leah & Diane for their hugs, hot chocolate, and cheer. I love you guys! It's so great to have people who care.

On the plus side, the dryer isn't broken. There was a little pencil from IKEA stuck in it somewhere that was causing it to make that horrible grinding sound. Greg took it apart and fixed it, so I can dry clothes again. I'll be doing laundry all weekend. Wheee! What could be more fun?

On the minus side, my friend Michele announced yesterday that she is leaving the City of Gresham to go work at the Portland Development Commission. I am going to miss her soooo much. She's a great friend, a wonderful co-worker, and the city is loosing a big asset. If PDC doesn't appreciate you, Michele, come back to us!

I'm going to be out of cyberspace all weekend. Michele is going to take my computer and give it a check up. It's been running slow and being tempermental. She's going to give it one more wave of her magic wand and get it working again. I don't know if I will be able to survive 2 1/2 days without my computer, but it will be good to try.

Oh, yeah. I forgot to tell you that I am giving up soda again for Lent. Sigh.

So don't look for a post for a few days. I'll have pictures of my completed hats for you next week and update you on my laundry situation. Bet you can't wait, huh? Yeah, my life is one exciting event after another.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad the dryer is ok. We had a similar incident.

Soda for lent. I'm proud of you! I don't think I could do it.

Maybe Greg will let you sneak on to his 'putey.

I'll miss you while you aren't on cyberspace!