Tuesday, April 25, 2006

What a Weekend!

What a weekend! I got so much stuff done. Saturday we got up and took the dogs to the dog park for a run. When we got home we worked on the bonus room floor and got about a quarter of it put down. There were some really tricky cuts that took time to do, but once those were done we cruised on it until we both got hungry and decided to stop. Sunday we went to the Pet & Companion Fair then took the dogs to MESD to run. We came home and I mowed the backyard while Greg sprayed bugs. THEN we worked in the garage for a while, cleaning out the trash, going through the recycling crap to get it ready to go out, and general tidying. AND I managed to get some laundry and dishes done. Oh, and don’t forget the scrapbooking pages I completed (see below). Okay, it doesn’t sound like much when I write it out here, but for us this is HUGE. We hardly ever manage to get this much done in a weekend.

Greg is really paying for all this hard work, though. His poor back is just killing him and his ankle is screaming in pain. He could hardly move last night. The pain was so bad, even after he took a pain pill, that he literally lost his breath because of it. Poor guy. I feel so bad for him when he hurts like that. Of course, some of that pain may have been from working on the floor yesterday all by himself. Silly man.

Let’s see. Today is Tuesday, so my parents are on the fifth day of their cruise. They were in Cabo San Lucas on Sunday and Puerto Vallarta yesterday. Today is an at sea day, so they are probably recuperating from their swim with the dolphins yesterday. I hope they had fun. Here’s their itinerary…doesn’t it look great?

Fri April 21 San Diego, CA
Sat April 22 At Sea
Sun April 23 Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Mon April 24 Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Tues April 25 At Sea
Wed April 26 Santa Cruz Hutulco, Mexico
Thurs April 27 Puerto Quetzal, Guatmala
Fri April 28 At Sea
Sat April 29 Puerto Caldera, Costa Rica
Sun April 30 Scenic cruising Golfo Dulce
Mon May 1 Panama Canal
Tues May 2 Cartagena, Columbia
Wed May 3 At Sea
Thurs May 4 George Town, Grand Cayman
Fri May 5 At Sea
Sat May 6 Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Sun May 7 At Sea
Mon May 8 At Sea
Tues May 9 New York, New York

I so wish we were there with them! I can’t wait to see their pictures and hear all about it. Did I mention that I wish we were there?

No comments: