Hey there everyone! I know, I know you are all shocked to see a new post. I haven't been posting on my blog much lately. Sorry about that. I've been...well, I’ve been not posting much to my blog. I haven’t been especially busy or anything interesting, I just haven’t had a lot to say. I have given you a few picture posts, just to let you know I’m alive and all, but I don’t think they’ve been very satisfying.
So here we are, one week in to 2008. Woo-hoo. It’s a new year and we have to do all that resolution crap. But before we get to that, let’s recap 2007.
January
Lots of snow falls in the Portland area, resulting in a couple of snow days for me (and one well aimed snowball at Greg).
Barbaro dies.
Greg turns 43.
I turn 37.
February
The release date for Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows is announced.
Carmen turns 5.
March
I boycott pop and make it 42 days without a drop.
Deb comes to visit and spends the weekend with me and my scrapping friends at the beach. A terrific time is had by all.
April
I participate in the Rat Race, a quest for 50 letterboxes in one day. We almost make it!
We remodel our cubicles at work.
The Darryl’s have a fire.
I attend the Spring Flinger letterboxing gathering.
May
Greg & I celebrate our 8th (official) anniversary.
Sophie turns 7.
Kris & Greg have a “Not-So-Excellent-Adventure” to Long Beach.
June
A challenge is issued for my scrapping group to produce 25 pages before August 1. I manage 8.
Kris’s Kompletely Krappy Day – i.e. I break my ankle.
July
Zinger comes to live with us.
Camping with a broken ankle is fun!
Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows is released. FINALLY!
August
Greg has a lumbar epidural steroid injection.
I get my regular cast off and get to take a real shower.
Carmen is attacked at the park.
September
Zinger gets the big snip.
Our shed burns up.
I get rid of my big ankle brace.
October
Cleo turns 5.
Fires consume half of southern California.
I get to do my first letterboxing in months at the Willamette Valley Wine Stroll gathering.
Greg goes letterboxing with me…voluntarily.
November
Scrap weekend #2. It rocks.
December
Wild weather hits the Pacific Northwest.
Largest Sitka Spruce in the World blows down.
I survive the holidays.
Hmm. Looking back this doesn’t look like one of my better years, does it? And these are the highlights! Well, except for all the plays I went to this year. Those were pretty awesome. I didn’t put in the lowlights. Sheesh. Here’s hoping 2008 will be GREAT! (Oh, doesn’t that just make you want to barf?)
Okay, so here is the round up on my resolutions from 2007:
1. Read 125 books
Hey! I made this one. I ended up reading 136 books.
Favorite book of the year? Death from the Woods by Brigitte Aubert. Oh, and Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows, of course. That so goes without saying that I almost didn’t say it.
2. Listen to 125 books on tape
Close but no cigar. I ended up listening to 102 books on tape. Still that makes 238 books overall for the year so I’m not going to snivel about that.
Favorite audio book author of the year? Dick Francis. I have so enjoyed listening to his books on tape. Oh, and J.K. Rowling, of course. That so goes without saying that I almost didn’t say it.
3. Find 250 letterboxes
I found 148. But I broke my ankle and didn’t letterbox for 4 months! Give me a break!
Favorite letterbox of the year? Tim’s Prize. This is a mystery box whose clue I solved a couple of years ago. It was a very, very hard clue that I labored over for weeks. Why I didn’t just put the clue into Google and get help solving it (‘cause it would be pretty easy to do it that way now), I’ll never know, but I solved it the long way around. I found the box totally by accident when we were doing the Rat Race. It just tickles my funny bone that I worked so darned hard to solve that stupid clue and then I literally stumbled on the box when I wasn’t even looking for it.
4. Get back to Flying
Uh, no. Didn’t do diddly on this goal besides tell myself I needed to get to it.
5. Finish some open craft projects
Also a miserable failure. In fact, I learned to knit and have been starting more projects that I probably won’t finish. Go me!
I can hear you asking what my resolutions are for 2008. Yes, I’m sure you are all waiting with bated breath for me to share my resolutions with you before you share yours. I don’t know why I continually make resolutions when I never manage to keep them, but I did. So here they are (in no particular order):
1. Read 125 books
2. Listen to 100 audio books
3. Find 150 letterboxes
4. Start Flying again!
5. Finish 2 open craft projects (like the scarf I am working on and the hat I have half completed). That’s one every six months. I ought to be able to manage THAT much, don’t you think?
6. Stop coming to work looking like I rolled out of bed (i.e. put on some make up and do your hair, lazy girl!)
7. Really, REALLY need to start eating better. (After I go have some pie. Okay, just kidding). Translate this to bring your lunch to work and stop eating at McDonalds so much.
8. Finish the damned floors.
9. Make the money problems go away. (Maybe I’ll set up a PayPal account for donations?)
10. Organize the family room, craft room and office.
There. Those are nice specific-ish goals, don’t you think?
So this has been a long, hopefully not too boring, post. I think I’ll end it here. Oh, and by the way. All of my faithful readers have to add “Comment on Kris’s Blog More” as one of your resolutions.
1 comment:
This is a good blog!!! I have missed reading your blog. I am sorry not to have called you since we talked before New Years. Been feeling not great and busy putting Christmas away. We did a big re-organization and managed to get down to fewer tubs. We even got rid of the things we haven't used in a couple or more years.
Love, Mom
Post a Comment