Friday, December 15, 2006

Stormy

Woo-weee! We had quite the storm last night. Wild wind and rain, power transormers blowing up, trees blowing over...we had it all. We lost our power around 8:00. I was in the middle of making a beaded necklace and Cleo had just snuck up on the table, grabbed the neckace out of my hand and jumped off the other side with it in her mouth - all in one smooth motion. It was actually quite a clever move. I was not amused though, since half the beads came off the wire and scattered all over the floor. As I was picking them up, our lights went out. There are probably a million beads all over the floor in that room now. I'll bet beads on a hardwood floor aren't going to be much fun for anyone except Cleo.

Our power was only out about 2 hours. It was pretty amazing to be up in the office and watch all the flashes as power things blew up or whatever it is they do. There were all these colored flashes out there. Greg said it looked like an alien invasion.

I heard that we had wind gusts up to 70 mph in the Portland area and up to 115 mph at the coast. Mother nature is in a mood, I tell you. I keep hearing that we may have snow this weekend, but who knows if that will happen. If you work for the power company, you can rack up some major overtime, that's for sure!

Last night's storm must have dumped a ton of snow in the mountains. I fear that they aren't going to find those hikers alive that have been lost on Mt. Hood for the past week. While I feel really badly for them and their families, who goes mountain climbing in December? I ask you, is that a smart thing to do? It seems like asking for trouble to me. I guess when you go and file your hiking plan, or whatever it is you do when you mountain climb, they have FREE tracker thingys that you can carry with you, so when you get lost, searches can find you. Now, WHY don't people take them? Why? It must be a macho thing.

I know I haven't posted much about the trip. I will, I promise! I have a ton more picture to share. I've been trying to break my bad habit of spending so much time on the computer, so my blog is suffering. I will post some this weekend.

No comments: