Sunday, December 24, 2006

Almost Here!

It's almost Christmas! As usual, we aren't really celebrating much. No tree, no Christmas cards. I got just a couple of small things for my family, but hopefully they won't mind yet another skimpy gift year. Someday I hope to be able to get back to truly celebrating Christmas instead of just surviving it.

I've been listening to "A Christmas Carol" today, read by Jim Dale. It's wonderful, of course. It's amazing to me that this story was written over 100 years ago and it still speaks to every person. It's good to listen to the original after seeing so many movies based on it. My favorite version of this story is the "Muppet Christmas Carol." I love all the little rats that work at Scrooge's.

I had to laugh when I heard that Jim Dale uses a voice very similar to Rufus Scrimjaw's voice (Harry Potter & the Half-Blood Prince) for Scrooge. Talk about mixing up your books!

Speaking of Harry Potter, did you see that JK Rowling released the name of the 7th and final Harry Potter book? It's called Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows. No release date yet, but a title for it is a nice Christmas present from her. All I can say is she better NOT kill off Harry.

I leave you with a couple of pictures from the trip.

Mele Kalikimaka!



No comments: