My theater buddy Julie introduced me to
Dr. Horrible's Sing-A-Long Blog. I am totally addicted. Despite a rather silly name, this is a fabulous 2008 musical tragicomedy miniseries in three acts, produced exclusively for Internet distribution. Filmed and set in Los Angeles, the show tells the story of Dr. Horrible (played by Neil Patrick Harris), an aspiring supervillain; Captain Hammer (Nathan Fillion), his nemesis; and Penny (Felicia Day), their shared love interest. Yeah, I copied that from
wikipedia.
Great music, funny lines, and a fun story line give this mini-musical two thumbs up. It's available on Netflix as an instant download. You can probably find it on YouTube as well, as this was originally released on the internet in 3 acts.
I totally recommend this little gem. And thank Julie for introducing me to it! I'm thinking about joining the Evil League of Evil and even managed to find a ring tone from Bad Horse. Wheeee!
A sequel is planned for this summer. Squeee!
No comments:
Post a Comment