Normally, I would never spend money on something so trivial, but Serengeti’s are made for driving and they are awesome. Since I drive so much, I figured it was important to invest in a good pair of sunglasses that cuts the glare, aren’t too dark, and cuts through the rain haze. Here’s what Serengeti says about their lenses:
“Our most versatile lens, Serengeti Drivers enhance your vision regardless of the weather conditions. Automatically adjusting to changing light, they are the ideal choice for any condition from rain or fog to bright sunlight making the Drivers lens a favorite of professional drivers, military and commercial airline pilots all over the world. Not to mention chubby women in Washington who drive 50 miles a day.”
Okay, I added that last sentence, but you get the idea.
The web site also says:
“Made from only the finest materials in the world, Serengeti’s glass lenses provide unsurpassed visual acuity. And because the advanced technology is molecularly engineered into the glass itself, it does not wear out or wear off. In an age of disposables, our lenses can last a lifetime.”Yeah, but what about the FRAMES???? Ah, but the website has that covered, too:
“Not only are Serengeti’s lenses technically advanced, but so are their frames. Serengeti’s frames are manufactured with the consumer’s facial features in mind for style and for comfort. So when you put on a pair of Serengeti’s, a combination of superior lens technology and craftsmanship make Serengeti clearly the world’s finest.”Can you tell these people think a lot of themselves? Superior lens technology and craftsmanship blah, blah. Your stupid glasses obviously can’t stand up to a 25 pound whippet walking on them, so they must be CRAP!
Of course, I have a cheap-o back up pair, but I never liked them as much, and they are too dark for driving. This just sucks!
Maybe I can talk Greg in to going to Costco tonight and getting a new pair.
No comments:
Post a Comment