After a stop at the grocery store for more food, we drove on to Marm's house. Marm's beach house is totally awesome. I think she said it was built by her husband's parents in the 70s. She goes down there all the time and it's so well set up for a group of people to visit, with 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, and two main living areas, a huge kitchen, two big decks...ahhh. It's Marm-vana (you know, nirvana at Marmalade's house - Marm-vana)! The house is in Pacific City, up on a hill that overlooks the ocean and the..., well, here. Let me just show you.
Here's the house as you drive up the steep curving drive to the house. Right next door (behind me as I took this picture) someone is building a new beach house. Wonder how much that cost 'em?
Here's part of the inside looking towards the kitchen. I only wish my kitchen at home was so big and so well equipped. Man, they have EVERYTHING! Bread maker, crock pot, coffee maker, you name it it was there. Oh, wait. There wasn't a tea kettle. I know what I'm getting her for Christmas now!!
Notice all our crafty stuff on the tables.
This is the main living area. This picture is kinda blurry because I was hurrying. It's full of big squashy chairs and couches with the best blankets I have ever used.
This is the room I shared with Miniles. I slept on the left side. Miniles was the best roomie ever. Everyone said there was a lot of snoring coming from our room, but neither of us heard the other. I think they were making it all up. :-)
Here is what you can see if you look off the deck. Pretty nice, huh? That's Cape Kiawanda there and Haystack Rock or Cape Kiawanda Rock. It's kind of confusing because there is a more famous Haystack Rock up in Cannon Beach.
Peeking through the trees at the ocean.
Kiwanda Rock. Pretty, isn't it?
There is lots of wildlife at Marm-vana. Birds come and visit the feeders all day long. I guess there are a bunch of neighborhood stray cats that think Marm's house is the bees knees, but I only saw a brief visit from one kitty. Marm's a softie, can you tell? Here's a birdie at the feeder.
Along with kitties and birdies, Marm-vana boasts masked midnight visitors. We were treated to a visit from a family of raccoons, mama, papa, and two babies. I have a zillion pictures of them that didn't turn out all that great, but they were so fun to watch. Miniles had brought some peanuts for them and the little critters adored the treat. They would climb up the railing from the lower deck and cautiously peek over. The babies were pretty shy, but mama and papa raccoon would let you toss more nuts to them without running off. We spent a lot of time ooohing and cooing over them.
1 comment:
What a beautiful place! I love the racoons!Now I'm wondering if Marm blogs as well.
Post a Comment