We have had some wild weather the last couple of days. Friday it rained all day and was really cold. We had a few snowflakes make an appearance, but they were mixed with the rain and nothing came of it.
Saturday was supposed to be the interesting weather day. They were predicting snow, and to hear the weather people talk about it, we should have expected 10 feet. Just a wee bit over enthusiastic. Saturday morning I woke up to the occasional snowflake. It gradually increased and we got just enough snow to cover the grass for a few minutes, but then it warmed up and melted away. Sigh. Snow is so pretty. I was really looking forward to a good storm. It did rain pretty good all day, so that was at least something.
Sunday our weather people were telling us we were going to get hurricane force winds and rain. I love a good rain storm, so I was looking forward to this one too. But noooooo. The weatherman lied AGAIN! The coast had the storm, but all the interesting stuff was gone before it got to the Portland area. Bay City got gusts up to 129 miles per hour. That’s a category 3 hurricane anywhere else. In the Northwest, apparently it is just a lot of wind. Whatever.
So all we got was a few snowflakes and a lot of rain. I’m so disappointed.
One other thing of note happened with this storm. The largest sitka spruce in the United States, which just happens to be on the way to Seaside, blew down. They estimate it is over 700 years old and was 17 feet in circumference. Boo hoo. And there was a new letterbox there I haven't gotten yet too. I hope we can still get to it! Notice I have my priorities straight.
1 comment:
Same with us. We had hurricane force winds during the fires and it was called "a lot of wind" here as well.
We actually got a pretty good rain last Friday, but now everyone is complaining about mudslides (from said fires). Supposed to get more tomorrow. We'll see.
Post a Comment