As usual time has gotten away from me and I haven’t kept up with my blog. No excuses, I just haven’t done it. Instead of beating myself up here, I’m going to jump right in to what I’ve been doing instead of blogging.
1. Have had a weeks worth of family dramas. My aunt had a very bad week. To make a very long and complicated story short, she ended up in the hospital for emergency surgery. She’s on the mend now and hopefully will continue to do better.
On Leibrand side of things, my mother-in-law is in the process of leaving her husband. This has caused all kinds of trickle-down problems and various stresses and meltdowns. We are working through them, but it has been tough on everyone. Hopefully she’ll make it through this rough patch and stay out on her own. Hopefully Greg won’t completely implode.
2. Haven’t had a drop of pop since February 18th. Yep, working on 31 soda-free days. After Easter I will probably allow myself one or two a week, but I don’t want to get back in to the 3-4 a day habit. I have to admit that I don’t feel any better or worse from not drinking pop. After the first week when I had horrible headaches I’ve been fine.
Went to the Spring Flinger letterboxing gathering on March 17th. I made the event book for it, so I spent quite a few nights after work scrapping it. Had a blast at the gathering itself. We were at Rainbow Falls State Park outside of Chehalis, Washington. Here is the stamp count from the gathering:
Finds = 18
Exchanges = 26
Travelers = 27
Cooties = 10
Event Stamps = 8
Hitchhikers = 2
In plain site boxes = 21
Basically that boils down to a lot of stamps!
We stayed at the Olympic Club hotel in Chehalis. It was the most interesting hotel I have ever stayed in. It has quite an colorful history. It has been renovated by McMennamins. I shared a room with my letterboxing buddy, gerlfren. The room was very small with bunkbeds, a sink, a table and two chairs. We didn’t have our own bathroom, but had to share with everyone else.
Okay, I'll have to write more later. I have to go do the laundry if I want to have clean underware to wear to work tomorrow. I'll be back...
No comments:
Post a Comment